Application Contact: Barbara Scheepers
Position Title: Labor/Helper
Work Location: Chesapeake, VA
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Summary of duties u2013 Prism Maritime, LLC is currently seeking Labor/Helpers to work out of their Chesapeake, VA office. The Labor/Helper Performs general manual labor tasks including basic shipboard installation assistance, running errands, sweeping, loading, lifting, and moving equipment / material. Periodically required to lift/move equipment up to and including 50 pounds. Works under direct supervision following clear and detailed instructions. May be assigned the duties and responsibilities of other positions for which qualifications are met.
Specific description of duties:
- To include but are not limited to assisting in storage and staging of various tools / materials; transportation of tools / material to the work-site; loading and unloading vehicles; general clean-up / daily housekeeping; cutting / grinding metal; standing fire watch; pulling cable; and heavy lifting of tools / material / equipment.
- Overtime is routinely required but not guaranteed
- Travel outside the local area may be required
- Possession of an active State Driveru2019s License is required
- Perform any other assignments or tasks as needed or requested by management to assist in accomplishing the organizationu2019s mission, objectives and goals.
- HS diploma or GED may be required depending on varying contract stipulations
- Must have a basic understanding of standard power tools and possess the ability to read and follow simple instructions.
- Clearance up to Secret level may be required.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Physical/Environmental Job Requirements
- Lifting/moving up to and including 50 pounds
- Routinely climbing several flights of stairs
- Performing tasks in confined spaces
Our work is primarily onboard naval vessels that may include variables of physical activity, i.e. stooping, climbing, walking, etc.
In performing these duties, you may be required to work outdoors. You will experience temperature variations, extremely loud noises and other physical hazards.
Prism Maritime, LLC is a premier maritime service provider for Alteration Installation Team (AIT) and Modernization related Services in support of US Maritime and Shore-based clients. Prism Maritime is a privately held business headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, with offices in San Diego and Ventura, CA. Established in 2006, Prism Maritime currently employs over 250 professionals and maintains an ISO 9001-2015 certified Quality Management System.
Prism Maritime is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment with us, please email email@example.com or call: 757-460-8800.
To Apply: Visit www.prismmaritime.com and click on Careers>Job Openings
All applications are active for 90 calendar days. After 90 days you must re-apply to still be considered for this position.
Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to access military installations.