VectorCSP is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) located in either the Hampton Roads or Washington DC metropolitan area.
The top financial executive in the company. Responsible and accountable for all operations of the finance function, including accounting, financial and tax planning, audit, budget development, industry practices, and compliance in government contracting. Responsible for the initiation and development of financial policies and planning. In compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate requirements, directs preparation and submittal, of accurate and timely financial tax and regulatory corporate reports. Ensures integrity of financial records from the point of origination, including the responsibility for information content. Initiates and conducts research and analytical studies on various aspects of areas of responsibility.
- Uphold and demonstrate VectorCSP's core values (Work smart and hard to make government work better Respect and take care of one another Give back to our communities)
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations of the business
- Develop, in collaboration with the CEO, an annual operating plan that supports the company's long-term strategy
- Effectively collaborate with the CEO and Sr. Leadership team to develop and oversee the short-, mid-, and long-term business strategies of the company
- Maintain a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating a diverse group of professionals at all levels
- Assess and manage the principal financial and compliance risks inherent in the company's business
- Ensure that there is an effective succession plan in place for the CFO position and other key positions reporting to the CFO
- Prepare all standard financial statements, partner reports, and governmental agency requests and reports
- Work with an outside accounting firm in the preparation of all company tax returns
- Lead preparation of an annual budget and long-term financial projections
- Oversee analysis of revenue, expense, and net income projections to actual results; propose and make necessary adjustments to projections and budgets
- Analyze operations financial posture to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination
- Analyze long-range economic trends and project their impact on planned growth
- Perform other functions related to the office of the CFO or as may be requested by the CEO
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- In-depth understanding of the government contracting industry including risk management, compliance, and regulatory requirements
- In-depth understanding and application of accounting principles including budgeting, balance sheets, income statements, cash flow, and capital planning management
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building ability
- Strategic planning and vision
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems
- In-depth understanding of data analysis and KPIs
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Problem-solving mindset
- Emotional Intelligence: Recognizes own feelings and those of others, and manages emotions effectively
- Command Skills: Relishes leading; takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate but is not afraid to end and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head-on; energized by tough challenges.
- Communication: Explains and advocates facts and ideas in a convincing manner while communicating and negotiating with individuals and groups. Develops and nurtures a network with other organizations and individuals who can help solve issues and identify the internal and external forces that impact the work of the organization. Influences, negotiates, and partners.
- Composure: Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered professionally and personally mature; counted on to hold things together during tough times; handles stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; does not show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Dealing with Paradox: When necessary, acts in ways that seem contradictory; is very flexible and adaptable when facing tough calls; combines seeming opposites like being compassionately tough, stand up for self without trampling others, sets strong but flexible standards; acts differently depending upon the situation; is seen as balanced despite the conflicting demands of the situation.
- Conflict Management: Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; finds common ground and gets cooperation with minimum noise.
- Peer Relationships: Quickly finds common ground and solves problems for the good of all; represents his/her own interests and is fair to other groups; solves problems with peers with a minimum of noise; cooperative team player; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; is candid with peers.
- Self-Knowledge: Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from mistakes; is open to criticism; isn't defensive; is receptive to talking about shortcomings; looks forward to balanced (+'s and -'s) performance reviews and career decisions.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; anticipates future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future-oriented; articulately paints credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; creates competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
This position will manage employees.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and standard business software, including MS Office suite and associated tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
To apply, please go to https://vectorcsp.applicantpro.com/. For assistance please contact our Human Resources Department by telephone at (252) 333-3190 or by email, email@example.com.
Vector CSP, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other reasons prohibited under Federal, State or local laws. EOE AA/M/F/D/V.
Education and Experience:
- Clearance as required
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of directly relevant experience, with an emphasis on demonstrated leadership and financial strategy implementation.
- Preferably eight (8) years of government contracting experience.
We offer Medical, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Dental, 401K, PTO and Tuition Reimbursement to those who qualify.