Participate in the Hampton Roads Veterans Career Compass (HRVCC)
Hampton Roads employers now have a workforce development resource dedicated to connecting with and finding talent in the extensive military connected community of the Hampton Roads area. As part of its expanded Regional Workforce System, the Hampton Roads Workforce Council, has added this portal for the Hampton Roads military and employer communities.
By participating in HRVCC, Hampton Roads organizations are signaling their commitment to increase employment opportunities for veterans, transitioning service members, military spouses and family members.
All organizations in the Hampton Roads/Tidewater area with a valid Federal Employer Identification Number are eligible to participate. They do not have to be headquartered here, just have a local presence.
Setting up and Managing an Employer Account
- An organization representative can request an Employer Account by clicking on Login/Create an Account and then Request an Employer Account.
- An HRVCC representative reviews the application and approve the request. If additional information is needed, the HRVCC representative will correspond by email with the organizational representative initiating the request.
- Once the request is approved, the organizational representative will receive an approval email with instructions to complete setting up the account.
Once an account has been setup:
- An organizational user assigned as an Administrator can add details about the organization such as a Company Profile, participation in programs such as 'Virginia Values Veterans (V3)', etc.
- Account administrators can setup additional organizational users and assign them roles, such as HR Manager, HR Representative, etc.
- Users with the role of HR Manager can add jobs, upload a file of jobs for bulk entry of jobs, manage jobs, etc.